Sunday, March 21, 2010

Meeting Asciepius

Well followers...I did not fare well on this one and I know exactly why. I was not interested enough in it and honestly, am running behind on some of my homework tasks. I did think of one of my one mentor's whom I love and that is a woman in her mid-nineties (Marianna) who always used to pray for me and my son and was the most faithful person I have ever known to her belief in God. She literally would spend hours praying each day and would also write letters to those she really cared about. When the CD spoke about her wisdom coming into my heart, I could feel it. I did not make it through the entire CD, sorry to say. Hopefully, once the distractions of job hunting and schoolwork let up a little, I will be able to set more time aside (and..yes, I know I should be doing it now!)..smile

For our second exercise, "one cannot lead another where one has not gone himself". I am not sure this holds to be true for all of those who are teachers in health and wellness because I believe that some people may not have reached the highest potential of integral health but, can still lead others to learn how to do it themselves. I do believe people should always strive to lead by example but, we are all human so, we will fail. As a Health and Wellness Professional, I will feel obligated to set the example and if I don't, I know I will not be taken seriously. I think most people do judge you if you are not leading by example. Even your closest friends and family members will judge you if you teach one thing yet, live a different way. We are all learning constantly and that is what matters the most, living, loving, sharing, caring, learning, giving and teaching.

In my personal life right now...I am not doing everything I can but, I know I am doing my best. I have thought of some really neat things to do with my degree once I get it in my hands and am hoping to study more about mindfulness practices and life coaching as a way to really help others and I am excited about that. But, I have to take one day at a time, find a job, finish school and pay off some debts!!

For all of those who have been following me and posting your kind words, thank you!

One word for the road:

Sharing

Have a great week all.

Jill

8 comments:

  1. Jill - I hope this response finds you doing well. I agree 100% with your responses...(isn't it wonderful when we find others who share similar thoughts?).

    I believe that mediation serves us best when we are ready for it...(and that includes making time and committing to the results). Your point about being able to help others even if we have not reached our own full potential is a great point. I had a minister who used to tell me that God was with us everyone -- and spoke to us in many ways...we just had to pay attention so we could hear his voice. In the same manner, I belive that a health and wellness professional can be of service -- even sometimes unintentionally -- even if they have never walked down the same path as their client....

    I wish you the best on your job search and schoolwork and am confident that when you come back to the exercise -- it will be even more beneficial.

    Have a WONDERFUL week!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill,
    First, I want to wish you the best of luck on your job search. With integral health everybody develop their wellness at their own pace. And I believe even though we are not on the same level with our wellness we can still help each other. It can be something like lending your ear. I really enjoyed reading your blog.


    Kali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, lol, I did not finish either, but I feel what I did do helped. I think some exercises are just not suited for everyone, I just do what works for me. I love your post, so honest and funny you made me laugh! Good luck with job hunting I am doing the same, I graduate in june and I'm so sick with morning sickness (I am about 7 weeks pregnant) I feel a bit stressed because I think I won't get a job if they know I'm pregnant....Are you going for a degree in Nutrition? If so they have many great jobs through the county, like WIC, I'm checking that out as well as the YMCA hires Wellness Directors, just some ideas for you, best of luck with everything, :) Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I really wasn't interested in it either. I have too much going on. If it clicks it clicks, if it does not, then it doesn't. I wont say I wont continue to try, but 20 minutes is too much for me. If I am out running, I can see that for subtle mind, but I just did not connect with this exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill,
    Thank you for sharing with us! I know it can be difficult looking for a job, school, paying off debts, and just keeping up with life. I hope too that you can find that peace without all the distractions. Taking one day at a time is the best thing you can do. One moment at a time.. Get some rest and continue to clear as much of the mind as possible. Again, thank you for sharing with us and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is sad to say but people do judge all the time, and living the example if very important in my opinion. I believe even if we don't achieve our ultimate goal it shows when we are practicing what we preach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill, I hope all goes well with you, and that you find a job soon. The Meeting Asciepius practice I found difficult only because it is very lengthy and it is hard to focus without interuptions for that long a period of time. Maybe in time. The person I chose to visualize and that I loved deeply, was very wise, strong in the Lord, compasionate and giving was my mother in law. She was a wonderful friend and mentor. The family lost an angel when she passed. In time I would love to be able to do the complete practice with her as my focus. As for the statement "one cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" that can be true and not true depending on the circumstance. Leading by example is usually the best way, and being a role model, however there are many steps and time to flourishing, It could take years, and for another months, who is to say how far a person is in their development. I believe even if you have not reached the end stage of integral health you can still lead others to integral health. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Jill,

    Boy did I feel ya on this one, it was tough to make it through for me too..but persistance : ). I tried to focus on my dad when we spend his last 9 days together, and as you can imagine...FLOPPED... I pretty much went from trying to apply this exercise to I hated this exercise...just not the right time. I hope you find that job soon, and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete